09:00am - 12:00pm
Monday - Friday
Applying by mail at:-
Royal Thai Embassy
2300 Kalorama Rd., N.W.
Purpose of Visit:-
This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for tourism
1) Your actual Passport or Travel Document.
(Passport or Travel Document must not expire within 6 months and contain at least ONE completely empty visa page).
2) One visa application form completely filled
3) Two passport-size photographs (2"x2") (photocopy
or photo taken from Photostat will not be accepted). Photographs must have a light
color background with a full- face view of the person without wearing a hat or dark
glasses. Photos must be taken within 6 months.
4) A copy of round-trip ticket or itinerary
5) A copy of recent bank statement or evidence
of adequate finance
($700 per person and
$1,500 per family)
6) For non-US citizen, a copy of permanent resident
alien card with employment verification or a copy of valid US visa with employment
verification letterif self-employed, business license or business
registration indicating the applicant’s name.
7) For minor uder 20 years old, a birth certificate, copies of mother and father's passports
and Marriage Certificate if any, letter of consent from mother and father for the minor to travel
abroad in case not accommany with the child. in case of sole custody,
a copy of court order must be provided
Submitting application by mail
Application must include self-addressed
envelope only by these following mail service:-
1. USPS (US Postal Service) Express Mail:
use only Flat Rate Mailing Envelope
with $ 19.95 postage
stamp (Metered stamps will not be accepted)
Consular officers reserve the right to request
additional documents as deemed necessary and also reserve the right to reject
any application without having to provide reason.
Visa Processing Fees:-
Visa processing fee:$40 per entry (maximun of 3 entries) <click>
processing fees are payable in money order or cashier check made payable to “The Royal Thai
Embassy” NO CASH ACCEPTED
Validity of a visa:-
The Validity of a visa is 3 months
Period of stay:-
Travelers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in
for a period of not exceeding 60 days.
Extension of stay:-
Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their type of visa must file
an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Soi
Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120, Tel (662) 287-3101
to 10 or at http://www.immigration.go.th
of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion
of the Immigration officer.
Due to the requirement of the airlines in the United States to the travelers, it is advised as follows:
1. For the US passport holders and other countries, which are in the tourist visa exemption list, they are advised to confirm the return airline tickets within 30 days, both arrival in and departure to Thailand.
2. If the duration of arrival in and departure to Thailand on your confirmed return airline tickets is more than 30 days even though you plan to stay in Thailand not more than 30 days, you need to apply for a tourist visa.
3. Please allow yourself at least 10 days before departure date to apply the tourist visa, in person or by mail, at your nearest Thai Embassy, Thai Consulates-General in Los Angeles, Chicago, New York or Honorary Consulates- General of Thailand. (See lists in www.thaiembdc.org)
You are here: : Consular : Visa Service : Type of Visa