According to the regulation issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand,
the Royal Thai Embassy is authorized to legalization documents bearing the
seal of the United States Department of State in Washington D.C. only.
For further information about the legalization on the part of U.S. Department of
State, please contact:
United State Department of State
518 23rd Street, N.W. SA-1
Washington D.C. 20520
Tel. 1-800-688-9889 # 6
Secretaries of State of the United States
For further information, please contact: Tel. (202) 944 3600
- Applying in person :
Open 09.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m. Only
Monday thru Friday (except public holidays)
- Applying by mail :
Mailing address :
Royal Thai Embassy
2300 Kalorama Rd., N.W.
Washington D.C. 20008-1623
- Legalization form (Download)
- Original documents to be legalized bearing the seal of the United States
Department of State in Washington D.C.
- A copy of every page of the original documents
- A copy of passport or Identification card or driver’s license of the owner of documents
Disclaimer The Royal Thai Embassy assumes no responsibility
for the contents of the document.
- Legalization processing fee is $15 per document
- Legalization processing fees are payable in:
- Money order Or Cashier Check made payable to “The Royal Thai Embassy”
- Applying in person : Applications are usually processed within
2 business days from the time of receipt
- Applying by mail : Applications are usually processed approximately
within 10 business days from the time of receipt (not including mailing time)
U.S. Postal mail entering The Royal Thai Embassy must go through a screening process
which may delay the time in which we will receive the document.
The Royal Thai Embassy assumes no responsibility for any lost or damage by mail.
Pick Up Methods
Applicant may pick up the documents by these following methods:
- Pick up in person
Open 09.00 a.m. - 12.00 p.m. Monday thru Friday (Except public holidays)
- Mail service
Applicant must include self-address return envelop by these following mail service
- Next-day Express Mail (US Post Office) with $19.95 postage stamp (Metered stamps
will not be accepted)
You are here: : Consular : Legalize Service